KARO QS8Mi.MX 8M Mini QFN Style Solder-Down Computer On Module Our new QS8M Series is a QFN Style Solder-Down Computer On Module. The module with a small square size of 27mm and a height of 2.3mm is single-sided assembled. Its QFN type lead style has a 1mm pitch with 100 pads. The ground pad additionally acts as thermal pad.
|Processor||NXP i.MX 8M Mini/Nano|
|Frequency||1.6 / 1.4 GHz|
|RAM||1GB / 512MB DDR3L|
|Temperature||-25 °C to 85 °C|
|Dimensions (LxWxD)||27 mm x 27 mm x 2.3 mm|
Since industrial applications lead to faster, higher integrated and lower power electronic circuits with a smaller formfactor, the PCB layout becomes more and more important. With a good layout many EMI problems can be minimized to meet the required specifications. It's not only the pinout which should lead to an easy wiring without the need for crossings. It has also to provide a proper solution for the signal path back to the module. If this return path, mostly the ground plane, cannot be connected near the signal pin, the return current has to take another way and this may result in a loop area.
With the special design of KaRo's QS8M Series you profit from different advantages.
- Large ground pad on the bottom side makes a defined ground plane connection available for all signals.
- The pinout leads to an easy wiring without crossing.
- Ground will be connected near the signal pin to avoid loop areas.
- High speed signals can be routed on the top layer at a defined impedance.
- Ground pad holds the component at a defined height during soldering.